The concept of reinforcement continuity strip has been in widespread use throughout Europe for over 20 years, and repeatedly demonstrates itself to be a simple, time-saving and cost-effective method of maintaining reinforcement continuity across construction joints in concrete.
The system comprises special pre-bent reinforcement housed in a purpose-designed carrier casing - all of which is fabricated off-site in a factory controlled environment.
On site, the entire unit is cast into the front face of the wall. After the formwork is struck, the lid is removed to reveal the connection legs (or starter bars) laying inside the casing. These legs are bent out by the contractor, ready for lapping the main reinforcement of the consequent pour.
The casing remains embedded in the wall, providing a rebate into which the concrete of the adjoining member is poured, and eliminates the need for traditional preparation (i.e. scabbling) at the joint.
Quite simply, any construction joint in concrete has the potential to be formed by this method. Normal applications include:
- floor slabs
- staircase landings
- stair flights
- pile caps
- gutters and chambers
- Simplifies formwork design - bypass those construction joints!
- Accelerates pour schedules - suits todays fast track build methods
- Easy to use - an answer to skills shortages of chippies & steel fixers
- No formwork damage or wastage - no drilled holes in shutters / no wasted stop ends
- Enables systems formwork to be used - e.g. steel forms / climbing & slip forms
- Starter bars remain protected and clean - they are inside the casing until needed!
- No projecting bars - better working access in confined areas and improved site safety
- Improved shear connection - provided by the formed joint rebate and indented case profile
- The reinforcement starter bars are made of BSt 500 S in accordance with DIN 488 or BSt 500 WR
- Robust, interlocking, galvanized metal cases and lids are resistant to site handling damage and minimize grout ingress
- Available in a range of standard bar configurations in both 12 mm and 16 mm bar diameters
- Recyclable metal lids
Do you have technical questions about the product?
Feel free to contact our experts by phone at +44 (0)1582-470300 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
More information about the product, such as catalogs, price lists and technical information can be found here.