HALFEN Rebend connections
HALFEN Rebend connections are used for efficient connection of concrete components which are poured in different phases and then connected. The casing is made of corrugated galvanized steel sheet with pre-punched holes to allow easy removal of the cover. It can be fixed to the formwork with nails or secured with tie wire to the reinforcement.
HALFEN HBT Rebend connections
HALFEN HBT are type-tested and general building authority approved rebend connections. For the most common applications, a standardized product range is available for single and double row rebar connections, with box lengths of 0.8 m and 1.25 m and a combination of various reinforcement bar diameters and casing widths. Further design types are available on request.
Shear load in joints can be verified with a simplified design concept in accordance with the approval, with only two basic load cases:
- Loads perpendicular to the joint
- Loads parallel to the joint
- A combination of rebar types and casing widths ensure the best connection for a wide range of applications. The elements are available with 8, 10 and 12 mm diameter. Special versions are available on request.
- One standard version for constructional and for structurally relevant connections – no mix-ups on the construction site or in the precast plant
- Steel casing with special corrugated back for optimum transfer of shear loads in the joint
- Casing and cover made of galvanized steel to prevent corrosion - no plastic can be left in the concrete
- The special shaped box edge prevents ingress of fresh concrete
- Easy to nail or glue to the formwork
- The strong casing keeps its shape during concreting
- Pre-cut hole allows quick and easy removal of the cover after striking the formwork
- Low profiled casing also ensures minimal concrete cover on the longitudinal edges of the casing
- Standard element lengths: 1.25 m und 0.80 m, other lengths on request
- 7 different casing widths for connecting components with a thickness of 6 cm or higher
- 13 different rebar types available for single and double row connections
- Rebar diameter
- Ø 8 mm
- Ø 10 mm
- Ø 12 mm
- Rebar stirrups
b) Stainless steel B500B NR available (on request)
- 13 different stirrup shapes are available for single or double row connections
- Reduced casing heights; because of their reduced casing height, HBTs are ideal for minimal thickness concrete elements or precast concrete elements with minimal concrete cover
- Casing heights
h = 24 mm for rebar diameter Ø 8 mm
h = 30 mm for rebar diameter Ø 10 mm
h = 36 mm for rebar diameter Ø 12 mm
Do you have technical questions about the product?
Feel free to contact our experts by phone at +44 (0)1582-470300 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
More information about the product, such as catalogs, price lists and technical information can be found here.