HALFEN Shear dowels are used to transfer shear loads in joints between building components. This is mainly to avoid uneven settlement and displacement caused by opposing deformations. Depending on the system type used, this allows horizontal movement in the longitudinal direction, or in the lateral and longitudinal direction.
HSD Shear dowel
HALFEN HSD Shear dowels allow the components to move in the direction of the dowel axis. Normally, the dowels are used for shear loads in any direction. HSD-SV sleeves must be used if lateral movements need to be considered. These allow lateral movement; shear load only occur in one direction.
HSD-CRET Heavy-duty shear dowel
The HALFEN HSD-CRET Heavy-duty shear dowel is used for extremely large shear loads. Load distribution components ensure transfer of high loads into the concrete. HALFEN HSD-CRET Heavy-duty shear dowels allow the components to move in the direction of the dowel axis. HSD-CRET-V sleeves must be used if lateral movements need to be considered. These allow lateral movement; the shear load is only distributed in one direction.
- Simple joint design
- Simple formwork and installation reduce construction time
- Cost-efficient and space-efficient section-by-section construction of the building
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Extensive product range with solutions for corrosion and fire protection
- HSD-CRET is building authority approved by the DIBt*
*German Institute of Construction Engineering